Humax 9300T with occasional stuttering playback.

Stevie DVD

Standard Member
Reaction score
My parents have been using this machine quite happily for around 5 years or so as it has provided decent and reliable use. Recently, though, there is a tendency for it to speed slightly through playback (for a few seconds) and then resume playback normally. Rerunning the affected section only repeats the process so presumably this anomaly occurs during the recording.

Could this be a sign that the hard-drive is beginning to show signs of wear? Thanks in advance for any advice.

There is a known issue with this PVR and certain broadcasters/programmes.
What are the programmes that are exhibiting this behaviour?
There may be "nothing wrong" with your parents' PVR other than this known issue.

That's interesting. Our problem, though, is seemingly spread over more than one channel. To name a couple of the affected programmes 1) We need to talk abut Kevin - BBC-2 end on March; 2) The Way Back - Film 4, (I think). Even a Ripping Yarns (BBC-4) from a couple of days ago suffered a little.

I'm not familiar with those programmes but I doubt they are ones associated with the known issues, those have typically been animated series (Family Guy/American Dad) on BBC Three.

I've the same problem. It always seems to happen with "The Good Wife" on More 4

It seems to "stutter" for about a minute's recording playback, about three times in the programme. Rewinding to where it starts doing it and playing it again makes no difference.

I tried not deleting that recording, hoping that part of the memory wouldn't be used again, but it didn't make any difference. It happened again the next time it was on. I tried re-formatting but that didn't help either. I don't think it happens with any other channel.

Also if I press "Menu," then "Record" then "Recorded Programmes" too quickly, it sometimes goes to "update" all by itself and loses all my planned recordings and the TV guide.

I recently bought one of these from Humax direct. Almost immediately it started to stutter with the Quality reading going from 40-80%. This happens on reception, so you inevitably get a poor recording. I live in an excellent signal area and have no reception problems. Humax sent concise details to factory reset and then to manually retune on all the local muxes. I was extremely sceptical about this but it worked and the stuttering has gone. I can send Humax s instructions if you contact me direct.

Thanks for that, but I did a re-set.

Wish I hadn't as you lose "everything" even recordings you've saved.
It made no difference

We're in a very good reception area anyway.

I've also done a re-tune, that just loses all your planned recordings and makes no difference either.

These machines are horrible! My dad had one which caused nothing but problems. Clunky playback, really antiquated menus, sluggish to respond and worse still...wouldnt load tv guide properly, could take hours just to 'see' what was on!

Get a decent PVR. Got him a Panasonic PVR and it works like a dream...and cost only £30 difference!

The TV guide on the Humax is really pants, never more than a few days available.
Fortunately, the TV in that room is a Panasonic Viera, so I can use that TV guide, but it's no help when you want to record something.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom