Humax 9200T seems to be getting louder on standby

iamholam

Novice Member
Hi there

Have had my Humax 9200T for a couple of years now, upgrading the firmware each time and finding it absolutely invaluable for watching my daily telly!

The problem I have found is that my box seems to be much louder when on standby lately. When I switch everything off on my tv unit (to standby) there is a definite hum coming from the humax which I have never noticed before.

It either sounds like a fan or a hard drive continually spinning.

Has anyone else experiencing this?

spl23

Not experienced this on mine, but the 9200 does have a fan which runs all the time, including when in standby. I suspect your fan has started to wear and is getting noisy as a result. It should be pretty easy to take the top off and put a new one in, and you are presumably out of warranty, so no real worries about doing it yourself. It's almost certainly a standard quiet PC fan - shouldn't be more than £5-£10 for a new one.

MarkE19

IIRC there have been reports that since the Freeview Playback upgrade there is constant use of the HDD in the Humax, even when in standby. I would assume that this is what you are hearing now rather than there being an actual fault (well hopefully).

Mark.

spl23

IIRC there have been reports that since the Freeview Playback upgrade there is constant use of the HDD in the Humax, even when in standby. I would assume that this is what you are hearing now rather than there being an actual fault (well hopefully).

Mark.
I've got the latest firmware on mine, and the HDD is definitely not on in standby mode. HDD running in standby is usually a sign that it has crashed at some point - might be worth doing a restore to default settings and power-cycling it.

iamholam

Novice Member
jimok. Did you sort this one out then by resetting and power cycling also?

Now before I do that can someone remind me if this deletes all my scheduled records?

robtek70

Novice Member
I hardly ever go into standby so I don't really know about any increase in noise. I do occasionally get a little vibration if I have smothing standing on top of the Humax. Also I have noticed that after 2 years of hard use the hard drive is starting to get a little noisy, time to upgrade the drive to something a little bigger.

iamholam

Novice Member
I rebooted this by turning off and then turning on from the power switch on the back and this seems to have resolved the noise!

I would advise anyone else who has this problem to do the same!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom