Humax 9200T Remote Control replacement

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Sessen Ryu, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I stupidly knocked over a cup of tea onto my remote, - dried the thing straight away, but now it's just a useless piece of plastic.

From the short bit of research i've done, I can either pay £30 for a new remote from Humax, - or, get a copy here:

Humax PVR9200T Remote Control

I was just wondering if anyone has this remote and can confirm that it does the job, - or any other alternatives?

Cheers

2. Bayden Rank

Bayden Rank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Before you give up on your remote it may be worthwhile to dunk the control - less batteries - in de-ionised (distilled) water. Once well rinsed and dried out (an airing cupboard maybe) it might just work again. Worth a try as you have nothing to lose.

BTW £30-00 seems cheap when I was once quoted £60-00 to replace a standard TV remote.

3. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  4. Eric Hartley

Eric Hartley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try taking it apart (probably just clipped together) and drying each section out - wipe the key pad, the cover and the circuit board on absorbent paper and then leave somewhere warm (airing cupboard?) to dry. Tale care when re-assembling.