Humax 9200T - Recording Stop Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ratmanratty, Jan 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ratmanratty

ratmanratty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been done, I have tried searching and reading through the existing software update thread, but can't find anyone else with the same problem as me.

The problem is that since my Humax 9200T received it's automatic update last week, my box seems to never stop recording. I've set the box to record programs (channels tested are BBC1, BBC4 and Channel 4) through the program guide. The box then seems to start recording, vaguely at the right time (a couple of recordings were a few minutes late) but then just keeps recording and doesn't stop until you stop it manually (I have recorded a program in the evening and it's still recording the following morning).

I'm assuming that this is a problem with the new feature that receives signals from the broadcaster telling the box when to start and when to stop, but does anyone know how to fix it? I did do a reset to default settings after the box received its update, and I have tried unplugging it for a bit and then plugging it back in, but still no luck. Is the only solution to go back to the old way of having the box automatically add an extra 5 minutes to the end of the recording.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    My two boxes are both working okay but after a default reset I put both back to the autopadding option of starting one minute early and adding three mins to the end of recording. I have also done a follow on consequtive recording on BBC1 and the Humax split the recording at exactly the correct changeover point so I'm now quite happy.

Perhaps this is still the best option as some broadcasters are not transmitting the info for accurate start and stop of programmes.

3. ratmanratty

ratmanratty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your reply, it's a shame really, I liked the idea of the machine automatically picking up changes to the scheduled start/end times and adjusting itself accordingly, but I guess if not even the BBC can be bothered to broadcast the appropriate signals it is going to have to be a case of going back to padding recorded programs.

4. XRS

XRS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had the issue of the 9200T not stopping its recording before the upgrade. And since moving to .21 and setting up series passes for the first time I have found that recordings seem to start a couple of minutes late.

Does anyone else find the wording which tells you that you have a recording clash when setting up a series pass just a little confusing? I can't make out whether to answer yes or no, have done both, and had differing results!

5. nvingo

nvingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +688
    After the OTA update you must do a Default Setting (Menu/Installation (password"0000")/4.Default setting (password"0000")).

See This Hummy.org FAQ for a full list of the implications of doing a Default Setting.

You may need to repeat that if certain problems manifest. (black screen when playback ends is one).

Also there is this FAQ which suggests why overrunning recordings may occur.

6. Paul Shirley

Paul Shirley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Even if the broadcaster messes up, the Playback spec requires recordings to stop after 2 hours of overrun, its almost certain the machine didn't correctly reset. Turn it off (actually off, not standby) for a few minutes before applying a reset to defaults. Repeat until it takes.

7. crammedin

crammedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Freeview playback specifications mention something about dealing with runaway recordings. Something PVRs have done to recordings at vrious times in the past. But now with Accurate Recording the Freeview Playback machines seem to be able to get more cought out with this. I've seen the Humax PVR put a two hour limit on runaway recordings (it updates the recording timer details with the new end time while recording) - and sometimes not having to get to that limit once metadata is available again. But I have had one runaway recording a few months ago. Couple that with other Freeview Playback machines having runaway recordings, i think there is still a phenomenon that can happen whether Freeview playback or not :rolleyes:

8. crammedin

crammedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    XRS it can be. The notice that comes up says: Your reservation conflicts with the following reservation (underneth it tells you which programmes are already reserved). then it says: Do you want to reserve the alternate programme to resolve this conflict? You can either answer with Yes or No (if you want to re-arange your recordings manually).

If the EPG doesnt contain any repeats of the 3 programmes you want to record at the same time it will say: The new reservation conficts with the following reservations. (underneath it tells you which two programmes you have already set to record) Then it says: Only two reservations can be set at the same time.