Humax 9200T PVR Help req to set-up a secondhand model

BobUK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Good Morning

Having just purchased a second hand Humax 9200T PVR I am having problems getting it to function correctly to operate with a Samsung LE32 B450 C4W

ie: I connected the Humax to the tv aerial input socket, then the loop to the television, switched on the Humax and it went through its motions similar to a 'boot-up' then the tv screen said 'weak or no signal', then

I then switched off the Humax, then pulled out the tv aerial, switched the Humax back on, when the password --- --- --- --- appeared I tried putting in 0000 with the remote, but nothing happened, tv said that 'weak or no signal'

Note The tv works fine with the aerial plugged in.
The remote works ok because I tested it with our own Humax 9200T remote control.

I am aware that being a second hand set, it will be looking for the antenna that it was originally set to, so I would like to return it to factory settings again, in order to reinstall to my local area, BH25, but with no signal being passed from the Humax to the tv makes this impossible.

Being in my 70s I am not the 'sharpest knife in the drawer' but would appretiate a little help in this matter.

regards
BobUK

MENU ->
Installation ->
password = 0000 unless changed by original owner in which case you're advised to call Humax Customer Services * ->
Default Settings

* But this thread tells you how to reset http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/1123785-humax-pvr-9200t-forgotten-password.html

Rodders53 Many thanks for your input.

A very good point you have made,also may I add, that when I tried to put 0000 into the Humax, with the remote, nothing was accepted and it remained -- -- -- --.

regards

BobUK

PS Also may I add that nothing is being shown on the tv screen at all. It remains stating 'weak / bad signal'

When you press the reote buttons for radio stations it goes through the motions on the Humax window.

Last edited:
Good Morning

Having just purchased a second hand Humax 9200T PVR I am having problems getting it to function correctly to operate with a Samsung LE32 B450 C4W

ie: I connected the Humax to the tv aerial input socket, then the loop to the television, switched on the Humax and it went through its motions similar to a 'boot-up' then the tv screen said 'weak or no signal', then

I then switched off the Humax, then pulled out the tv aerial, switched the Humax back on, when the password --- --- --- --- appeared I tried putting in 0000 with the remote, but nothing happened, tv said that 'weak or no signal'

Note The tv works fine with the aerial plugged in.
The remote works ok because I tested it with our own Humax 9200T remote control.

I am aware that being a second hand set, it will be looking for the antenna that it was originally set to, so I would like to return it to factory settings again, in order to reinstall to my local area, BH25, but with no signal being passed from the Humax to the tv makes this impossible.

Being in my 70s I am not the 'sharpest knife in the drawer' but would appretiate a little help in this matter.

regards
BobUK
You don't need to have a signal being received to be able to access the Menu.

Was it obvious that the 'weak or no signal' and the 'password' windows were originating from Humax and not the TV? What I'm getting at is to try and confirm that the SCART output from the Humax is reaching the TV.

You would expect to get the 'weak or no signal' message when you powered up for the first time if the Humax was previously tuned to a different transmitter from your own.

When you got to the 'password' screen how did you get there? Had you gone through the Menu screens to get to the Default Settings menu. If so this demonstrates that the Humax is responding to Remote codes. If so this does suggest the problem is with the password having been set to other than the default 0000. However, I would have expected the Humax to accept the zeros you entered rather than not respond at all and inform you that you had entered the wrong password. Although not having been in this situation I'm not certain if that is the normal operation.

Colin

Colin Many thanks for your input.

Sorry I mislead you, there has been nothing on the screen of the tv apart from 'weak / bad signal' the --- --- --- --- I saw on the Humax panel I thought was for a code number but is just part of the loading process.

My senior moment.

regards

BobUK

Colin

Well, this seems to be one of those mysteries that defies explanation.

This morning I dissassembled all connections from both the Humax / TV, then reassembled them, switched on pressed Menu on the remote control, and Hey Presto, the Menu screen appeared on the tv.

I leave you to ponder this mystery, was I going through a Senior moment, whatever the explanation, I can only thank you and others on this Forum for their input and patience.

kind regards

Robert :thumbsup:

Colin

Well, this seems to be one of those mysteries that defies explanation.

This morning I dissassembled all connections from both the Humax / TV, then reassembled them, switched on pressed Menu on the remote control, and Hey Presto, the Menu screen appeared on the tv.

I leave you to ponder this mystery, was I going through a Senior moment, whatever the explanation, I can only thank you and others on this Forum for their input and patience.

kind regards

Robert :thumbsup:
It's good to hear you have solved it. I must admit I was doubtful about what you had described. I guess we will never know exactly what the problem was but I suspect there was an issue with the SCART connection to the TV from the Humax.

Colin

It's good to hear you have solved it. I must admit I was doubtful about what you had described. I guess we will never know exactly what the problem was but I suspect there was an issue with the SCART connection to the TV from the Humax.

Colin

Colin Thanks for your input.

You made a very good point there, because maybe the SCART was either not properly located, or fitted in the wrong direction.

regards
BobUK:)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom