Humax 9200T problem recording, overwriting programs

rudefish

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

I have a Humax 9200T that have had from new for a few years now, had a few issues with crashing etc, but nothing a turn off and on won't solve...

The recent issue though is an odd one, and quite awkward to explain so maybe that is why I cannot find a solution! Basically, when recording programs, it will group a whole bunch of programs together. So at the moment when I view the recorded programs, the top 7 are all the same date, time and name (although they should be different programs), and if I go to view one, it will just play one of the programs (not the one it is called!) and all 7 programs will have the green play next to it, and it doesn't matter which one I try to play, it will just play this 1 program, so I have lost 6 other things :(

This has been happening on and off for the past month, I have tried turning off and on, restoring to defaults, and the software is the latest version. Anyone got any ideas on a fix before I throw this out the window???

creddish

Hi everyone,

I have a Humax 9200T that have had from new for a few years now, had a few issues with crashing etc, but nothing a turn off and on won't solve...

The recent issue though is an odd one, and quite awkward to explain so maybe that is why I cannot find a solution! Basically, when recording programs, it will group a whole bunch of programs together. So at the moment when I view the recorded programs, the top 7 are all the same date, time and name (although they should be different programs), and if I go to view one, it will just play one of the programs (not the one it is called!) and all 7 programs will have the green play next to it, and it doesn't matter which one I try to play, it will just play this 1 program, so I have lost 6 other things :(

This has been happening on and off for the past month, I have tried turning off and on, restoring to defaults, and the software is the latest version. Anyone got any ideas on a fix before I throw this out the window???

That sounds like the HDD data is corrupted for which the recommended cure is to Format the HDD.

Colin

rudefish

Standard Member
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the tip, I was hoping it wouldn't come to that as I have so much stuff waiting for me to get time to watch them...

Hopefully some one else might have an idea, if not, time to reformat! :(

creddish

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the tip, I was hoping it wouldn't come to that as I have so much stuff waiting for me to get time to watch them...

Hopefully some one else might have an idea, if not, time to reformat! :(
I'm not an expert on this topic but there is an option to remove the HDD and connect it to a computer and salvage some of the recordings. The programme HumaxRW can be use for this purpose. See link here. There are several threads particularly on Digital Spy discussing this procedure, one example here.

Colin

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom