• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax 9200T - Noise when turning off

peopleIknow

Established Member
Hi

When I put my box into standby the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then there's a loud 'Blip' noise before the TV channel re-appears. ( When I say loud the TV is set at what I would call normal volume, and this blip noise is very loud, if I forget to turn the TV first, it can makes me jump).

Anybody else experienced this, is it something to worry about ?

clockworks

Prominent Member
It's probably your TV making the noise as it switches from the scart input that the 9200 is connected to, back to using the internal tuner.

Try disabling "scart control". This is a feature where the TV detects a voltage on the scart cable (when an external device is switched on), and automatically switches to that input. When you turn the device off, the TV reverts back to the previously used input. The screen goes blank because the 9200 has been turned off, but the TV takes a few seconds to realise this and switch inputs.

If you've got a DVD player, try connecting that to the same scart socket, with scart control switched on. Chances are, you'll get the same "blip".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom