• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

humax 9200T media controller does not install

hughgallagher

Standard Member
after wasting hours of my life trying to transfer files from my humax 9200T PVR using the half baked eLinker from Humax, I tried to istall the media controller software from ...

http://www.enigma.eclipse.co.uk/humax/HumaxMediaController.htm

... but when connecting the hummy to my laptop it does not ask the driver selection question and windows does through and installs without giving this option. The installation instructions on the website doen't mention this, but seems to assume that the question will be asked which does not seem to be the case.

so, I go to device manager in windows to update the driver on the new 'unknown device', i select the .inf file as in the instructions and get the following error message "the specified location does not contain information about your hardware", so I can't install the humax media controller drivers.

Do i need to select one of the USB root HUBs in device manager? ... i don't want to screw up the USB functionality just because of this stupid humax issue of getting files off the bloody thing!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom