Humax 9200T availability

nickmanc

Standard Member
thanks, have been following that thread, but all the stores mentioned are out of stock. have ordered with hughes now, hopefully they will get new stock in later in the week. if anyone spots somewhere with current availability please post - I know I'm not the only one looking for one of these!

jtfab75

Novice Member
Dear Sir

We have some stock due in the next 2-3 weeks from the manufacturer. I
have checked our stock system and we are not currently selling these at
our Bradford store. To place an order please call the sales desk on 0870
120 1122.

Regards

Kelly Simister

M

merlynn

nickmanc said:
Does anyone know if these are in stock anywhere? :lease:
Try ringing Comet on 0870 5425425 they will tell you the nearest stores that have stock and can reserve one for you for direct delivery or you can pick it up yourself.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Use their freephone number its usually quicker and don't cost you either,0800 011 2823 freephone number.

RockySpieler

It is in the Comet Christmas Leaflet / Book £229.99 I think, book on doorstep last night, had a good flick through.......

There is also a Sony Freeview / HD / DVD recorder around £650!! :eek:

nickmanc

Standard Member
I ordered one from turbosat around 1:30 on wednesday, it arrived by 11 on thursday, £220 free delivery

G

gogsboy

nickmanc said:
I ordered one from turbosat around 1:30 on wednesday, it arrived by 11 on thursday, £220 free delivery
Do you know what warranty is given with this product, is it standard across the board.

Considering this or the FTV200 think its called, would this be a consideration or is the Humax a no braniner, I heard you can update the HDD on the 200 without too much hassle, anyone know if this is the case with the 9200 should you ever need to and do you know if the 9200 can record subtitles

Thanks

M

mineymoe

Ordered from Dabs 7/10 for £199
After messing me about for ages, and the good reviews of Turbosat, cancelled my Dabs order and ordered from Turbosat at 3:30 on Wednesday.
Dabs deliveries started Thursday :-(
Just received an email from Turbosat saying they don't know when they will get some more.... At least they are not just making things up like Dabs.
Getting a bit miffed though.
I'm considering cancelling my Turbosat order and just waiting until I can actually see one in a shop.

All this talk about how good they are doesn't help either....

ROYOLD

Novice Member
Try your local Comet store. You will only pay £10 more than Turbosat, and there are some reports of them being faulty straight out of the box. In which case you can easily return it for a replacement.

multiply

Novice Member
ROYOLD said:
and there are some reports of them being faulty straight out of the box.
Like mine. :(

F

Fudge1200

For interest's sake:

Just been to John Lewis at Cheadle. No 9200Ts in today, and the bloke I spoke to didn't even seem to know what I was referring to.

Two weeks ago, JL at Trafford Centre said they were expected "in two weeks".

Ho hum. I can wait ;)

Fudge.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
For interest:

There was one on display at Com€t in Rotherham on Saturday. Don't know if they ahd more stock, though.

G

GOM

I can second Turbosat as a good supplier. They confirmed by phone that the unit was actually in stock (not always the case with some suppliers) and delivered next day, well-packaged and waterproofed. Delivery was not charged.

Scot R

Standard Member
Having a bit of bother ordering a Humax PRV9200T

Can anybody :lease: recommend a retailer that will post to the Shetland Isles ZE2 post code
Most will not send here unless for a ridicules amount quoted £30 from one place :thumbsdow
Pity they wont use Royal Mail because it’s the same price to here as it is to anywhere on the mainland.

P

ponkeyp

one hour ago turbosat phoned 9200 arrived this aft shipped today arrive tomorrow.SO hurry if you want one

andygittings

Novice Member
For those that are interested, DABS have the 9200T in stock... they had about 90 left at the time I posted this.

Cheers,

Andy

ROYOLD

Novice Member
Scot R said:
Having a bit of bother ordering a Humax PRV9200T

Can anybody :lease: recommend a retailer that will post to the Shetland Isles ZE2 post code
Most will not send here unless for a ridicules amount quoted £30 from one place :thumbsdow
Pity they wont use Royal Mail because it’s the same price to here as it is to anywhere on the mainland.
The Humax 9200T is quite heavy - seems to be nearly twice that of the Topfield. Looking on the rather large box - it doesn't state the weight on that either. It may be over the Royal Mail weight limits.

Empire Direct will send to Shetland ZE postcodes but say this will incur extra charges. They will quote via email.

Comet branches have them at £230 which isn't a lot more than the etailers are charging. Don't know if you have a Comet branch in Lerwick tho as never got outside Sumburgh Airport when I was working on the Platforms. Perhaps your best bet would be to collect one in Aberdeen or check out some possible sources there for delivery to Shetland. There sure is an awful lot of air traffic between the two areas.

From the later thread on DABS - they have the price as £210. Standard delivery £7 plus a surcharge of £11-75 on ZE postcodes. In other words - what you would normally pay at a Comet branch.

http://www.dabs.com/helptopic.aspx?articleid=129

Xstyle

Scot R

Standard Member
ROYOLD said:
The Humax 9200T is quite heavy - seems to be nearly twice that of the Topfield. Looking on the rather large box - it doesn't state the weight on that either. It may be over the Royal Mail weight limits.

Empire Direct will send to Shetland ZE postcodes but say this will incur extra charges. They will quote via email.

Comet branches have them at £230 which isn't a lot more than the etailers are charging. Don't know if you have a Comet branch in Lerwick tho as never got outside Sumburgh Airport when I was working on the Platforms. Perhaps your best bet would be to collect one in Aberdeen or check out some possible sources there for delivery to Shetland. There sure is an awful lot of air traffic between the two areas.

From the later thread on DABS - they have the price as £210. Standard delivery £7 plus a surcharge of £11-75 on ZE postcodes. In other words - what you would normally pay at a Comet branch.

http://www.dabs.com/helptopic.aspx?articleid=129

Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

Ya i have bought from Dabs before and they do add about £10-£15 on top of the standard delivery charge.

Problem solved :D (I think)
I’ve found that Hughes Direct have just got them in stock £209.99 and after some confusion with the delivery (got a delivery quote when ordering online then half way through the check out said they couldn’t send here) but after i emailed them they have agreed to honour the quote so I’ll be phoning them back to complete the order tomorrow,
And it works out with the postage to be just under the Comet price which is a good thing because we don’t have one here.

Let’s hope it’s worth all the hazel?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett