1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 9200T / 8000T Compatibility question

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Damon, Oct 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Damon

Damon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone know if I am able to take the HDD from the 8000T fit it into my PC as an extra drive and copy the old recordings off to either my hard drive or the 9200T via the media linker and have them show up and be useable?

or will the 8000T drive show as unformatted on my PC? :confused:

I am letting my GF use it in her PC area but it is 75% full of my stuff, some of which I want to keep.

Damon

2. AllYourBase

AllYourBase
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    the 8000t HDD is not formatted to work on a PC, you have no way to get that content off other than copying it to DVD or something!

3. David Robinson

David Robinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I asked Humax UK if I could move the hard drive from my 8000T into a 9200T in order to copy my stuff to a PC. They said they hadn't tried it but they believed the format to be different between the 2 models. My guess is that the new model has an extra partition for MP3s, therefore a disc from the 8000T would not work and the 9200T would want to reformat it.

What is needed is for someone, somewhere to write a Windows driver for the Humax format discs. I would do it but my head would hurt too much. :rolleyes:

The Media Linker will not let you copy any video onto the PVR, wherever it came from. :thumbsdow I guess the reason is that a lot of complex analysis and/or format changing would be needed to make sure a non-Humax file would play on the Humax. Rather than put in the development effort for this, they have just disabled the facility.