Humax 9200 missing some recordings

Ferg

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Humax 9200 which has performed very well thus far. However, this last week it has failed to record the final two episodes of The Killing ll, one episode of Rev and Wednesday's MOTD. All these showed up in my Recording Schecule and MOTD definitely had a recording flag in the EPG, although I didn't check any of the other reservations for this.

Everything else seems to be working just fine, so I wondered if any other 9200 owners had experienced similar difficulties, or is my trusty Hummy coming to the end of its useful life maybe ?

My PVR9200T has had this problem intermittently for a few months. As you said, the EPG shows record is scheduled but it does not happen. Only happens sometimes, but I've noticed it more often recently, particularly with all the good stuff on at Xmas.

I wonder whether a full auto-tune might fix it. Can't really see why, but it's worth a go.

Other possible causes?
- hard drive failure? I've had the PVR about six years so perhaps it's just worn out.
- software glitch?

EDIT: The re-tune did not fix things.
I've tried some more scheduled recordings and every one has failed.

Last edited:
I have a Humax 9200 which has performed very well thus far. However, this last week it has failed to record the final two episodes of The Killing ll, one episode of Rev and Wednesday's MOTD. All these showed up in my Recording Schecule and MOTD definitely had a recording flag in the EPG, although I didn't check any of the other reservations for this.

Everything else seems to be working just fine, so I wondered if any other 9200 owners had experienced similar difficulties, or is my trusty Hummy coming to the end of its useful life maybe ?
Occasional random failed recordings and loss of Series Record settings is normal for Humax SD Freeview+ recorders.

However, if you get a largish number of such events then suspect other causes. For example receiving signals from more than one transmitter can cause this issue. Having Channels in the 800 range is indicative of this. If this is the case then the solution is to perform a Manual Tuning procedure using only the appropriate frequencies for your location.

Colin

Thank you both for your replies.

If this type of behaviour is normal for my pvr, then there's nothing much for me to worry about, but I will keep a record of missed recordings in case the problem worsens.

Thanks again and all the best :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom