Humax 9200 driving me mad

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by pcookie, Apr 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've asked this question before and have yet to get a satisfactory answer.
    Basically if I record 2 or 3 programmes, one after the other, the first programme always cuts off at the time of the second prgramme (on a different channel) starting. The auto padding works fine where programmes don't overlap but doesn't work where they do. Is there a way around this?
    Sorry if this is going over old ground, but my wife is getting really fed up with missing the endings of Corrie on a Monday and Friday

Thanks
    Cookie

2. pginchiswick

pginchiswick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, if you are prepared to edit the time settings that are taken from the EPG.

Taking your example of Corrie / Eastenders on a Monday. Pick all three from the EPG then edit the Eastenders time by -&+ 1min (ie 7:29 - 8:01). This will force the unit to use both tuners for you recordings, and I find with padding set at 2 mins before and 5 mins after I don't miss start or endings.

Alternatively just pick first Corrie and Eastenders, and edit Corrie end time to from 8:00pm to 9:00pm. You'll record the programme between episodes, but it is quick to jump forward though the recording.

Either way the limitation, is that while the unit is recording ITV and BBC1 you will be restrited to only watching other channels on the same mux, or those you can receive through your TV's tuner.

Hope this helps.

3. Bubblin

Bubblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +702
    The latest software upgrade for the 9200T allows the recordings to start or finish up to 5 mins difference either side.

Download the latest upgrade (over the air or via the pc)

Go into settings and alter the start/finish time by 5 mins, then it will not miss the beginning or end of each program, this also saves you from manually changing the record time every time you use it.

4. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks Bubblin, but I've had the latest software installed for ages, but it still cuts off the end of the first programme, hence my frustration. However the tip about manually adjusting each overlap programme seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your advice anyway.

cookie