Humax 9200 dead

2scoops

My Humax 9200 seems to have died, it did an OTA upgrade and now all i get is 4 dashs, it wont switch on.

Any ideas?

CooperUK

Turn power off at mains and leave for a minute - then power back on?

yetanotherbob

Credit to Hummy.org.uk

If the unit is stuck in Standby mode (4 dashes on the display), then you
can try the following to resolve:

1. Power off at the rear
2. Disconnect Aerial
3. Switch ON
4. If the unit can then be switched on carry out a Default setting
5. When the unit restarts insert the aerial cable so there is signal
when the auto search appears

Or

1. Power off at rear
2. Hold in Standby button on front of unit
3. Power ON (with Standby button still held)

Bob

2scoops

Thanks for the advice (more helpful than the humax support line).

I gave it a go but it's still the same.

It switches on and goes through L10 L20 etc upto L90 the comes up with DUOVISION on the front then it goes to the four dashes. It briefly displays on the screen loading software a4.09 a progress bar goes accross to the right and then the screen goes blank.

I'll return it to the retailer as I've had it less than 7 days. I think it's attempted to do an OTA upgrade, is there anyway to turn this feature off?

What's the failure rate of these Humax recievers, I thought they had a pretty good reputation.

yetanotherbob

If your loader version is 4.09 then you will more than likely already have a later firmware than the OTAs so it shouldn't have been that

It can be switched off however:
Menu -> Installation (standard 0000) -> Software Update

As for reliability they seem pretty good however like most things with a hard disc they can sometimes go kaput.

Humax do give a 2 Year warranty as standard though, so that is a reasonably good indication of their confidence in the unit.

stuart w

Thanks for the advice (more helpful than the humax support line).

I gave it a go but it's still the same.

It switches on and goes through L10 L20 etc upto L90 the comes up with DUOVISION on the front then it goes to the four dashes. It briefly displays on the screen loading software a4.09 a progress bar goes accross to the right and then the screen goes blank.

I'll return it to the retailer as I've had it less than 7 days. I think it's attempted to do an OTA upgrade, is there anyway to turn this feature off?

What's the failure rate of these Humax recievers, I thought they had a pretty good reputation.

Myn did exactly the same a while ago and had to go back to Humax, positive was it came back with all the recording still on the drive.

I took myn back to JL and they sorted it all out with Humax but the lady in store said Humax prefer to deal with the customer themselves and would have been a quicker turn around.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom