Humax 9200 - archiving to DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Xwordman, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Xwordman

Xwordman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought a Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR ES20D) today since I'd read a professional view that it is an ideal machine for archiving PVR recordings to DVD. It also has an inbuilt tuner, which I thought would serve as a back-up if (when?) something happened to my Humax 9200.

I can record/playback DVDs OK but only programmes rec'd via the Panasonic's own tuner. This happens even if I first use the Panasonic's AVR button to switch to AV2 (which displays the Humax's output on the TV). I've tried many combinations of scart connections but to no avail. I'm now wondering if, like the Humax 9200, the Panasonic will only record from its own tuner. The Panasonic manual suggests it will record from "external devices" but just gives a camcorder as an example.

Can anyone help on this matter, please? (I'll give details of my connections, if this will help.) I had helpful advice recently from this forum on a similar matter so I'm hoping you can come up trumps again!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,232
    This is really a DVD recorder question, I think. So, moving >>>>>>

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,190
    How are you recording these things , are you setting a timer or just pressing the record button ? I ask this as I'm wondering if you're setting the right channel to record on the time, you need to select the AV input for the channel to record.

4. Xwordman

Xwordman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good point, JohnG, but I was using the record button direct.

However, I've just discovered what the problem was - me! I misread the manual and didn't realise there's an input select button on the Panasonic's remote and it should have been this I used to select AV input. (The AV button I'd been pressing just changes the AV input to the TV itself.)

Sorry, for being a time-waster - I just hope my posting might save another dumbo from making the same mistake as mine!

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,190
    Thanks for posting your solution as this could help someone else in the future who's having the same problem :thumbsup: