Humax 9150 update

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Katana, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Katana

Katana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all,

I`m happy to report that the fan update for the 9150 is a success!
    I no longer have a jumbo jet in my living room
    Woo Hoo!!!
    :thumbsup:

2. sancho1983

sancho1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Was just about to post the same thing!!! The wonderful sound of silence :thumbsup:

3. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Was this broadcast this weekend? I bought one for my Dad for Christmas and he's still running the original software, which I suspect might be the cause of some strange quirks he has reported.

No doubt I'll get a phone call tonight if he switched it on today and it gave a message about updating software. :D

4. ProfessorYaffle

ProfessorYaffle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    It was available from 10 a.m this morning and will remain so until 9 a.m on Wednesday. The update will then be repeated from 10 a.m Wednesday until 9 a.m on Monday, 16th February. The software version should progress to 1.00.14.

I did my parents' box earlier manually (ensure you have the box on BBC1 before you start) and all went well. Took about 5 minutes (the screen will go blank) and then the box will reload and, hopefully, you'll get a successful update message. And a quiet PVR!

5. nedsbeds

nedsbeds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    We are having a problem with our humax machine.
    We come down in the morning and the machine has frozen. We tried doing an update manually and although it finds an update it fails, giving an error message of EH-W.
    Any ideas as to what the message means and how to cure it?

Thanks
    Nick

EDIT: just found the humax page on error messages. Will try resetting machine settings.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  6. cliver123

cliver123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi folks,
    yesterday morning 9150 'hung' fan on. checked for sofware update. level 14 found,but failed loading with error. tried doing manual update that failed (e-hw I think) Today same condition but when I tried doing manual update it worked ok but sat at 99% for several minutes.Box is set for auto updates.Some on this site suggest making sure box is on BBC1 before loading update

hope it works for you
    cliver123

7. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Tried to update my Dad's Humax 9150 last weekend using both my serial cables (and the downloaded and installed software from Humax's website); one is definately a null modem cable that worked fine updating my Lumagen HDQ recently, the other is an older one. I couldn't get a connection with either cable, either way round and with the Humax in standby or ON mode. Has anyone successfully updated one of these using their PC and can you recommend a cable that works?

I think he's finding the Humax too complicated, which kind of defeats the object of me getting it for him. :eek: I'm tempted to swop my PACE Twin as I think he would find the menus simpler....the 9150 seems a bit less intuative to use, though I seemed to manage to use it OK myself, he is not so confident and always worried about breaking it. :rolleyes:

8. Ascari

Ascari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
  9. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    That tells me that I should use a null modem crossover cable (the same one that worked with my HDQ firmware update recently). This makes me wonder if there is something wrong with his 9150. :( He did try to carry out the OTA update last time it was broadcast, but I don't know whether it was 'finger trouble' or due to his previous aerial, but it failed to work either. He is hard of hearing so the fan issue doesn't really bother him, maybe not worth me worrying about, especially as it seems he's not really using it. :suicide:

10. peredonov

peredonov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having problems updating my Dad's 9150 from the PC. The instructions say to use an RS232 cable. Dad got one of those, but it was male-female so it wouldn't fit. I went out and got a female-female, which does fit, but all I get when I run WDN4OAK+ is "Waiting for Humax Connection..." which connection it never gets. Looking at some of the forums, it looks like I might STILL have the wrong kind of cable and need a NULL MODEM cable. Is this right? If so, why the hell don't HUMAX specify this?

Is it possible to use the 2 RS232 cables that I already have to make a NULL MODEM cable and save myself the trouble of buying a third cable?

I guess that its possible that my COM1 is wrongly configured. This is what it's set to:
    Baud Rate: 115200
    Data bits: 8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow control: None
    Does this seem right?

11. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    No, but you can buy a null modem (crossover) adaptor quite cheaply; you just need to make sure that it has the correct ends to mate with the cables and equipment this time (referring to your Dad's mistake with his original cable).

Chris Muriel, Manchester

12. Thornastor

Thornastor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48