Humax 9150 stuck on ITV1

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
My mother's new 9150 is stuck on ITV1. She's switched it off at the back and unplugged it but it's still stuck. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks
Bri

My mother's new 9150 is stuck on ITV1. She's switched it off at the back and unplugged it but it's still stuck. Any ideas on how to fix it?
OMG frozen and stuck 9150s becoming common already (well second one today).
Could try the frozen 9200 trick;
switch off, unplug aerial input, switch on;
Perform a defaults setting (on the 9200 that's Menu, Installation (password "0000"), Default Setting (password "0000")), reason: this will emtpy stored channel list;
When done, switch off, reconnect aerial, perform another defaults setting which will rescan for channels;
Enter any schedule and personal preferences that were reset.

Worth a try anyway.

Thanks for the reply. The machine was playing ITV but totally frozen in every other way even after switching off and on again. After ringing me she left it off for a longer period and unplugged the aerial. After that she could put the unit in standby mode but it's now dead when switched on.

You say this is the second 9150 problem today. Is the other one on the forums somewhere?

Cheers
Bri

I went over to my mother's to night to have a look at the 9150. If you switch it off and back on again you can change to another channel and it works fine. If you leave it on or go back to ITV1 for more than a minute it sticks again. I tried the switching off, disconnecting, default, etc. Still the same problem. I found that it would even freeze when in the menu if you went there from ITV1 after switching back on. I'm taking it back for a replacement and hope that'll work.

All the best
Bri

I went over to my mother's to night to have a look at the 9150. If you switch it off and back on again you can change to another channel and it works fine. If you leave it on or go back to ITV1 for more than a minute it sticks again.
The 9300 in the other thread freezes on ITV1 and E4. This is what I put there:
The channels on Mux 2 are
Teletext Cars, 3 ITV1, 4 Channel 4, 6 ITV2, 10 ITV3, 13 Channel 4+1, 14 More4, 29 E4, 30 ITV4, 100 Teletext, 102 Teletext Holidays, 104 Teletext on 4, 728 Heart, 729 Radio Music Shop.

Maybe the freeze occurs on any of these channels.
I suspect some incompatible data has been introduced on this mux, maybe EPG, SIPSI, NIT or MHEG. It may be national or limited to a few transmitters.
Humax should be informed, they can determine what's wrong and pass that to broadcasters if necessary.

This problem has happened again. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Bri

What software version and system identifier does diagnostics report ?

What software version and system identifier does diagnostics report ?

I don't know as I don't live near my mother. I found what worked last time in the other thread.

Firstly, remove the aerial from the PVR and then power it on.

Access your MENU>INSTALLATION>DEFAULT SETTING>YES (your password is '0000@ when required)

The unit will now turn itself off and on again.
Once the machine turns off you will need to reconnect the aerial.

This will reset your box and rescan the channels, once this is finished, make sure to SAVE the results, and this will solve your problem.

I've just tried to tell her over the phone what to do but she couldn't follow it. She only got out of hospital yesterday and I'll have to go over when I can. It'd be interesting to know if any one else has had this problem today and if they resolved it using this method before I go over.

Last time the problem was confined to the Pontop Pike transmitter in this area.

Bri

I don't know as I don't live near my mother. I found what worked last time in the other thread.

I've just tried to tell her over the phone what to do but she couldn't follow it. She only got out of hospital yesterday and I'll have to go over when I can. It'd be interesting to know if any one else has had this problem today and if they resolved it using this method before I go over.

Last time the problem was confined to the Pontop Pike transmitter in this area.

Bri

There was a major problem the other day when Freeview made a change to the epg. Lots of people with out of date software suffered the symptoms you describe. Most had not got the latest software because their boxes were not left in sby overnight.

By luck a ota for the 9300 was already on air and Humax arranged for the 9150 ota to go on air the following morning so after 10am the lucky ones could manually initiate the ota update.

A few had not updated because the system ID had been corrupted. This is only fixable by connecting the box to a PC with a series port and reflashing the ID with a file from Humax.

The following day Freeview reversed the change so those unable to update got a working box back. Ideally all outstanding 9150, 9200 and 9300 models need updating to the latest software.

There was a major problem the other day when Freeview made a change to the epg. Lots of people with out of date software suffered the symptoms you describe. Most had not got the latest software because their boxes were not left in sby overnight.

Cheers.

This could be the problem as she always switches the unit off at the back every night despite my protests.

Bri

Same thing happening to our 9150T now. Freezing shortly after being turned on. Have removed aerial, reset, plugged aerial back in and rescanned and works fine for few days but today froze again. For ages it keeps saying it needs to do an update as some channels have changed. So so an update and then it asks needs to update again. Just keeps asking.

Going into settings and doing autoupdate it says there aren't any. Then you go to watch TV again and it says it needs to do an update.

Getting on my fing nerves!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom