1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 8000T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by johneccles, Feb 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. johneccles

johneccles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I try to record from Humax either live or recorded programme to my Philips DVDR I get a message "copy protected" !! It used to work but now it doesn't. I have no problem recording from cable Its only happens when I use the Humax. Any ideas please. John fron Preston

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It was a known issue with the Humax that they forgot to switch off the copy protect flag that is sent out with the video signal. This makes DVD recorders behave in the way that yours does. I thought that this had been fixed on later firmware updates.

3. johneccles

johneccles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, I have checked the update which is October 2003. What I cant understand is that it used to record but now it doesn't!! I think I will reinstall it and see if that helps. Unless you have any more ideas? Cheers

4. johneccles

johneccles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have updated the device and it has the the lateset update (Oct 2003). What I cant understand it that it used to work OK but now it doesn't!!. I think I might reinistall it all over again, unless you have any other ideas? Thanks John

5. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    The latest update is dated 30th Sept 2004. Yours is almost a year earlier.