1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 8000T Scart lead

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ThirdWay, May 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ThirdWay

ThirdWay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just bought a Humax 8000T PVR. I'm very pleased with the functionality, however....

Using the supplied scart lead to connect to my Philips TV I get a very noisy picture. When I swap to another scart lead the picture is much better.

Is the supplied lead poor or unshielded?

Another funny: I'm connecting the Humax to my TV's AV2 scart socket which is svideo/composite (the TV's AV1 is RGB but I've connected my DVD to this).

When I set the Humax AV1 scart socket to svideo the picture comes out black and white, but is OK when I set it to RGB! This strangeness occurs with either scart lead.

Any thoughts? Cheers.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a decent scart lead and read your TV manual for using the AV2 with S-video, some times a TV with a composite scart does funny things when you feed it S-video. (RGB uses composite signal as Sync so composite signal is contained in the rGB feed)

3. ThirdWay

ThirdWay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have now fixed the black & white problem:

I press the AV button until I get EXT2 - press it again then I get S-Video2 (on EXT2 scart) in glorious colour!

Will later re-check with the Humax scart lead...