humax 8000t recording problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by usman24, Feb 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. usman24

usman24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I recently purchased a humax 8000t 80gb freeviw box. I have no recording option in the menu but a games icon instead. I have taken other peoples advice on this forum with the same problem and swithed it off from the rear of the box and on again in 10-30 seconds with no success. I even set it to default factory setting and tried again-no joy!

I am getting bored with it now, can anybody help?

I may return if for a refund.

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,718
    The official line from Humax:

Please turn off the unit using the switch on the rear panel and turn it back on after a few seconds. Please make sure that at least once a week you switch off the PVR at the power source using the rear panel switch. Do not put the machine into stand-by first as this will result in loss of scheduled programs as you already know. Your PVR 8000T is a digital video broadcast receiver with an integrated hard disc drive not dissimilar to what you would find in a regular home or office PC. Because of the nature of digital television, interactive channels etc, it is important to reboot and initialise your unit at least once a week to avoid running into problems such as the Games Icon replacing the Record Icon.

I can only suggest leaving it powered down for several minutes rather than seconds although 30 secs was enough to sort mine out. If no success try e-mailing Humax.