humax 8000T or Pace Twin

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by phlix, Sep 28, 2004.

Tags:
  1. phlix

phlix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which should I buy, I know the Pace can only be upgraded to 80gig and it uses 2 1/2 inch drives so its more expensive to upgrade. Does anyone know of any reason other than smaller capacity and cost why I shouldn't choose the Pace over the Humax? :lease:

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    There are a great many threads about problems with the Pace twin, but there are also users who will swear by them. The Humax seems to be relatively problem free by comparison and is very easily upgradeable to a larger hard drive. The Humax only has one tuner but a second freeview stb can be bought along with the Humax for less than the cost of the Pace.

I am sure that there are lots more arguments, both major and minor in favour of either machine. Best thing is to look through the threads for both the Humax and the Pace in the forum.

3. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have both a Pace Twin and a Humax i use the Humax plus a Thomsom freeview box in my living room. The Pace is now upstairs in my PC room the Pace is good but there are too many problems for me. The guide on the Pace takes forever and when you turn it off its lost so as to load again once turned on. The Humax guide takes its time but once loaded is fast in normal use and stays fast even when turned on and off. So i would say a Humax plus a cheap small freeview box as a second tuner.

4. phlix

phlix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers