1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 8000T & normal set-top box

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Borderer, Sep 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Borderer

Borderer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Humax PVR 8000T yesterday, and I'm really pleased with it so far (though admittedly it hasn't had much time to go wrong yet).

I already had the Humax F2-FOX T normal set-top box. I want to keep that so I can still watch a digital channel when I'm recording something on the new box.

The problem is that the new remote control (and the old one, in fact) controls BOTH boxes - so if I turn one box on, the other one goes on, move channel, the other one moves channel. It doesn't matter too much because when I'm recording, if I want to move channel on the FOX box, the PVR just gives a "can't move while recording" error message rather than stopping recording. But it is a bit annoying.

Does anybody else have two Humax boxes? And do you know if it's possible somehow to change the frequency of the remote controls so they only operate one of the machines?! I suspect not :(

Any help gratefully received! (I've emailed Humax but no response yet.) Thanks!