1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 8000T channels scrambled !

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by pr1uk, Aug 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well my Humax 800T as never put a foot wrong until now the problem

channels not working i.e
    BBC news 24 when i change to this channel the picture comes on then goes off (interactive still there) and i get the message
    'the channel is scrambled or not available'
    ITV 3 the same get a message
    'loading date... please wait'
    then blank screen
    check aerial no problems checked my old twin on same feed no problems ?
    does anyone have any ideas or as anyone seem this problem before ?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,981
    Have you tried cold-booting it? i.e. disconnect it from the mains for>10 minutes, then start over.

3. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried that and still no BBC news 24 and whats that 'press red' stuck in the top right hand corner i cant remember that being there all the time. Opps ITV news is now doing the same could be the old box as gone bang but its never put a foot wrong before. oh well leave it aff all night check all conections do the normal thing and hope for the best.

4. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seen this old chestnut on most digiboxes.
    I sorted it by rescanning the channels or checking for upgrades option/menu.
    Most these boxes are a bit buggy.
    To think you pay good money to beta test for the manufacturers eh! :thumbsdow

5. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats right they all have problems as for pay good money a lot if us bought the pace twin when it first came out. we are still awaiting software to make it usable, one day someone will bring a box out with hardly any bugs.
    this makes me miss my old TiVo you realise how good they were once you dont have one.
    my Humax i will put it back in place later and reset/rescan etc and see if i can get it working again as said its been very reliable so far.

6. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just put it all back together rescanned channels and all back to normal again. I have left it on BBC news 24 and its seem Ok now, nice clear picture well what you allowed to see of it with banners in every corner.

7. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guessed that would work!
    Pace have discontinued the Twin to concentrate on Sky boxes. I doubt there will ever be the firmware upgrade they promised. The Twin is still buggy (freezing etc).