Humax 8000 - slight problem with remote

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Tetlee, Mar 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,718
    Sorry to start another Humax PVR8000 thread, thought about posting this on one of the existing ones but was unsure if anyone would still be checking those.

Anyway, I now have the Humax and am so far more than happy with it:D But I seem to have a slight problem concerning the reomote, the problem is that the subtitles seem to come on automaticaly which I then have to turn off by pressing the subtitle button and selecting: off (but then if I change channel a couple of times they come back on again, gets frustrating). Has anyone else had this problem? I am wondering if there is any way to reset the remote or rectify it without having to send the thing back.

Also, does the Humax have it's own volume bar like the Pace or the Netgem? I have set the remote up to control my tv (before this the Humax volume buttons didn't function) now and can change the volume that way, the thing is my tv volume moves slow and always with switch-on comes in at full blast (have always had this problem with my tv but used to get over it by having my Netgem volume low and making sure I switched that on first).

I would really appreciate any replys!

Apart from this problem the Humax gets a huge:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: from me!

2. MartinB

MartinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [QOUTE]But I seem to have a slight problem concerning the reomote, the problem is that the subtitles seem to come on automaticaly which I then have to turn off by pressing the subtitle button and selecting: off (but then if I change channel a couple of times they come back on again, gets frustrating). Has anyone else had this problem? I am wondering if there is any way to reset the remote or rectify it without having to send the thing back.[/QUOTE]

Page 46 of the manual.
    Menu-preferences-languge setting-subtitle display, set it to manual.

It wound me up too :).

Martin.

3. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,718
    Thanks for that Martin!

Problem solved, now how did I miss that:rolleyes: ! tend to go into a daze when reading instruction books despite trying to make sense of 'em;)

This Humax really is a great pruduct!

4. ElchenUK

ElchenUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own a Pace Twin, its only a couple of weeks old but already i'm finding little problems with it that are annoying. I have considered taking the Pace back to Argos and getting a Humax but the only thing that prevents me from doing that is one thing that I hope you can clear up:
    a) Can i watch say BBC4 and record BBC3 on the HDD (I'm not bothered about recording to VCR)
    b) Does the Humax have anyway of outputting the stuff recorded onto the HDD to a PC?
    c) What about the 9000T, should I wait for that?

cheers