1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 8000 and More4

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Ayrton, Oct 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ayrton

Ayrton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Should my Humax pvr have found More 4 by itself or do I need to do it? I had a look at the Automatic Search option in the menu but it didn't do anything, in fact the progress bar didn't get beyond about 5%.

I was wondering if I had to be on any particular channel/mux to be able to find it? I know its a popular PVR here so I guess you chaps have already done it somehow.

Probably a dumb question but the dumbest one is the one you don't ask, etc,etc... searching for More 4 didn't do me a lot of good :(

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    You need to do an automatic search. More4 is on Mux2 and if you are in Leicester, then your transmitter is most likely Waltham and mux2 transmits on channel 23.

If automatic search isn't working, do a manual search for channel 23 and More4 should appear.

3. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,142
    As Ikki says do an auto search and it should come up.It comes up as channel 13 in my area Wolverhampton in the west midlands.

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Northwest. More4 is on Freeview channel 13. I think it is 13 in all areas. I think Ikki is referring to the main channel on Mux 2 which is different in each area.

5. Ayrton

Ayrton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks chaps, sorted. I don't know why but automatically searching still didn't work, I found it manually on Channel 13 (our aerial points to Sutton Coldfield).

6. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Sorry folks, I should have explained more.

I meant UHF channel 23, not Freeview channel 23 which is info you need if you are to use the manual search function. The UHF channel that each mux is transmitted on varies between transmitters. :)