Humax 40" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by moghm, Mar 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,

Anyone know anything about the new 40 inch LCD TV from Humax ? On paper it looks real good, 1366*768 HDTV with DVI, twin freeview tuners and 40 gig hard drive. 8ms response time.

Cannot find a good review of it though ? Any help would be appreciated. They are retailing at around £1500

www.humaxdigital.com

many thanks

2. Yoshimax

Yoshimax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Christ that looks the balls - nobody got any impressions ?

3. KevinELane

KevinELane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Was looking for the 32" flavour of this; again looks good on paper. I eventually found a unit at a retailer in Dunstable, who told me with great candor that the picture wasn't great, although the features were.

He also told me that some of the big players (Panny etc) were about to release LCD's with PVR etc. He said that it may be worth the wait (he was expecting new releases from 1 April.

Didn't actually get to see the picture that Humax produced, but the guy seemed sincere. Why would he forego the sale of the one he had in store otherwise?

Other reviews that I've seen say that these units are great using DVD, but not quite so hot with signal input. Again, can't comment as I've not seen a picture first hand.

HTH

Kev

4. steve69

steve69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    well sorry about this but i have the 32" of this and i think its blimin great, good picture,great conectivaty,twin digital tuners plus analog, pvr, and so on.
    the one thing i do think is not so hot is the sound on it but i have it hooked upto my amp via optical so theres no problem there. the only bug i have with this tele is you cant seem to record on it in standby, but my software is dated may 2005 and i know that if you bought one now you would have the upgraded boards which is oct 2005 with upgrades through the ariel due anyday now (or so humax have said).
    but if u want to know anymore about this plz just give us a pm and i will try to help you out as best i can.

5. coley65

coley65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    dont buy it they are poor

6. steve69

steve69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    when u say poor coley,do u have one and if so which one as the newer ones are alot better than when they 1st come out.

sorry yes i see in other posts you have had this tv, but what version did you have as if it was the one bfore sept05 then that would be the one with the older curcuit boards and this is not upgradable.

7. coley65

coley65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes I did have the tv and also the aldi one from last year. Now I have to say the picture on the aldi one was the best picture on any lcd it was very good the humax was terrible. Also the sound on the aldi was superb it has 20 total were the humax only has 2 speaker @8w.

I own a humax pvr aswell this is the best you can buy. that was the reason I bought the tv. also the aldi hd was superb the humax just looked like a good picture.

The reason I took the aldi one back I think lcd is absoluly crap for large screen sd brodcasts. I have a 19" Samsung in the bedroom which is fine but space is important.

Lol I got told off for posting replies like that above (sorry Mod)

No firmware is gonna sort out the problems with this tv
    So I hope this helps

Regards Coley