1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV Twin DTT Tuners & 40Gb Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sprattgraham, Aug 21, 2005.

1. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  2. MDPlatts

MDPlatts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    £50 cheaper from scan - and if you're local (which I am) you can collect

3. GalileoFigaro

GalileoFigaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming we're talking about this model - Humax LGB32TPVR.

Today's Special Value Item 553871: £1416.40 (including £22 delivery).
    32 inch Widescreen LCD TV with PVR & Freeview

Their normal price would be £1629.25 (incl.) :eek:

BTW, I quickly found it elsewhere for £1324 including delivery:
    http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin/martd/myshop.php?merchant=martd&prodid=427&sinprod=1

However, QVC is an attractive option if only for their 'no quibble' guarantee. Having said that, I have just been quoted delivery of - get this - "10 - 14 days after the 23rd August" (bearing in mind that today is the 21st!) because it is being shipped direct from the manufacturer. How crazy is that timescale? Remember that they have got it on as 'Today's special value' as well!

I tell you what though - it's a blinding piece of kit in terms of functionality and connectivity (except it has DVI rather than HDMI). They said on the ad that the 40Gb hard disk can be used to record 'whatever appears on the screen' - i.e. even a console session can be recorded to hard disk - cool! :thumbsup:

p.s.
    Who is 'scan'?

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Scan are a UK based computer and perhipheral supplier and as the market overlaps with mainstream consumer goods also like others have started to supply televisions and other products.

My main issue with this sort of integrated system is the fact that it's integrated:)
    Having a digital tuner is just dandy, putting the hard drive recording system into the TV over complicates things especially as you really don't know how DTT will develop.
    If there is a problem with the TV then of course you lose the DTT reception by not having a standalone box or if there is a problem with the recording subsystem then the TV could be removed for repair.

Perhaps this level of integration is the future (costs savings as well) but I still prefer seperate components, buy the best or most suited peices of kit without any compromise (well except for the cost:) ).