Humax 2000T wont come out of standby

Isle of wight

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this a month ago. About a week ago I couldn't get it out of standby without unplugging from the mains. All was OK for a day then it happened again and this now appears to be the process. OK for a day and then stuck in standby. I've switched off auto power down and checked for the latest software (Sept 2013).
I plan to return it to Curry's but if I can resolve it myself, so much the better!
Any help?

Are you trying to switch it on when it is recording two programmes? Mine won't come out of standby if it is doing that. It's a stupid bug. If not. It's a duffer.

Are you trying to switch it on when it is recording two programmes? Mine won't come out of standby if it is doing that. It's a stupid bug. If not. It's a duffer.
Thanks for the reply. Being new to the Humax, apart from remembering what programmes I'm recording, how can you tell that it's recording? My sky box has a red light to say it's recording.

It's more likely the box does come out of standby, it looks like it doesn't because it fails to complete hdcp handshake and without a front display it's hard to tell. You can check this by connecting the box with a scart cable as well as hdmi.

Thanks for the reply. Being new to the Humax, apart from remembering what programmes I'm recording, how can you tell that it's recording? My sky box has a red light to say it's recording.

The front led is supposed to be a different colour when recording, it's apparently very hard to tell without looking closely though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom