Question Humax 1100s

scol78

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive just replaced my Sky HD with a Humax 1100.To control the Humax from a second TV location I've been told I need a Triax Moduator https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRI-LINK-Control-Freesat-Freeview-around/dp/B002R634DU.
Ive watch the Youtube set up videos and was wondering what the scart socket is for ? I'm only using HDMI through a powered splitter for both TVs.
Ive also read but I cant find where that I will need some extra connectors.
Could any one tell me what these are for and is this all I need.I just want a straight forward swap.
Thankyou

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The triax tri-link unit is designed to replicate the system used for remote viewing used by a Sky-HD box, the scart is to allow the video and audio in to be connected. Something like a pair of power mids infra red remote extenders would be much cheaper.

Alternatively you could use a unit like this which has a built in infra red return.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-HDMI-Extender-Single-Control/dp/B013T5IQH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521391992&sr=8-1&keywords=neet+hdmi+extender&dpID=41ujH4lP9dL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I don't understand how the magic eye will work with the Neet unit ?
I want to control the Humax from the second TV room.Using a magic eye as with sky.
My Humax has no scart and i am using a powered HDMI splitter

You don't need the magic eye, the neet unit has it's own infra red receiver at the remote end and transmitter at the box end and has a built in hdmi splitter. You just need to connect the two with a single cat 6 cable. Just disconnect the magic eye.

The Humax has the required Composite Video and analogue audio out for a sky type system on Yellow Red and White RCA phonos. These are the same connections that would be used on a scart socket.

I don’t want to run anymore cables from one tv to another.just a straight forward replacement to the sky box with controllability from second tv

I don’t want to run anymore cables from one tv to another.just a straight forward replacement to the sky box with controllability from second tv

The option in post 5 above meets that requirement.

Thankyou for that looks perfect ,just ordered one from Amazon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom