Hulu Plus in the UK on PS3

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by surfymark, Feb 27, 2013.

1. surfymark

surfymark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Hi there!

So I have been watching Netflix US in the UK on my PS3 for a while now using Unblock US.

I want to try Hulu Plus in addition.

I can't find anywhere on the net (or on here) how to set this up.

I have the Hulu app on my PS3 (downloaded a while back by setting up a US PSN account).

I am now signed back into my UK PSN account which allows me to run Netflix US fine. Do I need to sign into the US PSN account to use Hulu? I would rather stay on my UK PSN account if I can.

Also how do people pay for this? I have a Paypal account, can I use this?

Anything else I need to consider?

Many thanks
    Mark

2. rcaudwell

rcaudwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    I have it running. You don`t need to log into your US account to use the app, once it`s downloaded you can use with any region account on the console. The hard part is getting the subscription set up. You need a US credit card for the initial sub only, after that you can buy "gift codes" off the net to keep the account topped up. There are websites that will send you the details of a prepaid US mastercard (I used buyfrompowerseller . com). You then have to register that card to a US mail address, preferably in a state with no sales tax (oregon for example), up to you where you find the address from obviously - there are some suggestions on the website.
    From there you use a VPN in the US (free one will do as it`s only to set up the account, unblock-us set up with your pc may work?), and set up your account with the activated credit card details, the one I bought had enough for 3 months subs, after that you can just let the card expire, so long as you keep the sub topped up with gift card numbers.
    To use on PS3, you then just launch the app (using unblock-us DNS), put in your login details and away you go.

3. surfymark

surfymark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Hi there,

thanks for this.

I actually found a better way to set this up. I have an Apple TV so I set up a US iTunes account (with no payment details) and was able to use the Apple TV to create a new Hulu Plus account (free for 7 days) using my US iTunes account (while signed into the US account on the ATV of course).

I notice on the 'Bay I can buy US iTunes vouchers so I can use those to pay I think.

However having looked around a bit I am not massively impressed. It seems you can only watch episodes from the current series. I am a series or so behind on some of them so not sure how I can catch up.

Also, some series they are not even showing all of the episodes in the series. For instance I have watched Series 1 and 2 of Nikita on Neflix US but they don't have Series 3. Hulu Plus have series 3 but only the last 7 episodes - Episodes 5 to 11. So where can I watch episodes 1-4?!

Not sure I will continue the free trial.

M