Hulk review (could be new demo disc)

klacey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
have ordered that after reading the review, cheers mate. I always liked the film, but just never stood out, but if the PQ is as good as it says then I'm sure it will stand out now!

Mine was posted last week from dvdworldusa so should get it in the next few days, looking forward to it now.

Who the quickest*, movietyme or dvdworldusa. I've only used movietyme.

Dvdworldusa - state 'Express' Delivery is the best option, adding £1.95 on top. Which then makes movietyme a better option for price.

Is dvdworldusa 'Economy' free delivery quick/reliable* ?

I liked this film apart from 1 scene,those stupid mutant dogs! They just did not look very good at all and hulk could of just snapped them in half straight away instead of toying with them for 10 bloody minutes! :devil:

I will still buy this disk though:D

I wouldn't buy it if it was £5.

I dont think I could stomach watching it for a second time , even if its the best for PQ. I still want the 2+ hours back of my life I wasted watching it the first time :rotfl:

each to their own though :thumbsup:

Who the quickest*, movietyme or dvdworldusa. I've only used movietyme.

Dvdworldusa - state 'Express' Delivery is the best option, adding £1.95 on top. Which then makes movietyme a better option for price.

Is dvdworldusa 'Economy' free delivery quick/reliable* ?

Movietyme have just recieved a load in stock, so i would go with them, dvdworldusa takes about a week to get it once its been posted, and thats with the express delivery.

Hoping to watch tonight as it has been on the shelf for a few days now.

2/3 the way through and I am enjoying it MUCH more than the DVD, which left me cold, picture and sound are excellent. Seems a good disc.

Just watched it. I enjoyed this film MUCH more this time round. The CGI seemed a hell of a lot more convincing to me in HD. Dont see why that is, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me:confused: . Anyway, big :thumbsup: from me though! :)

I dont think I could stomach watching it for a second time , even if its the best for PQ. I still want the 2+ hours back of my life I wasted watching it the first time :rotfl:

each to their own though :thumbsup:

me neither, it was a struggle to watch it the first time round :D

me neither, it was a struggle to watch it the first time round :D

Oddly I struggled with it the first time too, but loved it on second viewing a year later.

I think the expectations of what the film would be on that first viewing were so out of wack that I was disappointed. My recollections are that I found Eric Bana's performance too wooden, and the ending too silly beyond words.

On second viewing, I had no such problems (I still think the ending is silly, but then most Hollywood comic book stories are) and really enjoyed the way Ang Lee took the comic book medium and tried to do a filmic equivalent.

Anyone compared it to the SD-DVD. My SD copy of the film already has a great transfer, just wondering how much of an improvement the HD-DVD is?

Had this come yesterday & stuck 'im in (as I always do) to check out the quality.

It defo is up there with the best. Full 16:9 picture too which I prefer.

Chronnies Of Riddy Boy has the best pic I've seen so far, it's breath takingly beautiful.

again you "cant polish a turd" comes into mind with this hulk hd, no matter how good the pic the movie will allways be :thumbsdow

The really annoying thing about the Hulk (Apart from the slow love story script..) is that they took the Comic images way too literally. I mean, he is coloured in solid green fill, because all of the comic characters use a solid fill. That doesn't mean that you use a solid green fill in the movie. He should have veins, and skin tone changes, and blotches, and wrinkles, and fine hair covering his skin. The things that you get in real life... not comics.

again you "cant polish a turd" comes into mind with this hulk hd, no matter how good the pic the movie will allways be :thumbsdow
Well I really enjoyed it - thought it was more intelligent than the likes of Daredevil, The Punisher, Fanatstic Four etc.

Can't see why it got so panned personally!

Well I really enjoyed it - thought it was more intelligent than the likes of Daredevil, The Punisher, Fanatstic Four etc.

Have to agree. second time around thought it was much better

If you want a HD disc apart from Batman Begins to see HD in all its glory i have to advise you check out Black Rain.
Watched it this morning and it is stunning quality and the sound (DTS 6.1) is simply breathtaking!

Really is worth checking out.. film not too bad either tbh...

i have to advise you check out Black Rain.
Watched it this morning and it is stunning quality and the sound (DTS 6.1) is simply breathtaking!

Really is worth checking out.. film not too bad either tbh...

Great film... Great film!!

Watched this many a time when i was younger, funnily enough it was on tv recently but i only caught the end of it - which isn't so bad as i really like the ending :thumbsup:

If the pic quality is really that good, then i may have to order a copy :cool:

Loved it too. :thumbsup:
Critics were panning it before it even got released. Go figure.

I just received my copy of this today & the pic quality is amazing & i really enjoyed this movie :D Just keep'em coming I say :thumbsup:

The really annoying thing about the Hulk (Apart from the slow love story script..) is that they took the Comic images way too literally. I mean, he is coloured in solid green fill, because all of the comic characters use a solid fill. That doesn't mean that you use a solid green fill in the movie. He should have veins, and skin tone changes, and blotches, and wrinkles, and fine hair covering his skin. The things that you get in real life... not comics.
Okay then. I must've imagined seeing that stubble on the Hulk's face in one shot. :D

I've always really liked this movie and it positively shines on HD. The texture on the Hulk's body is visible in breathtaking detail, and the fancy editing is beautifully seamless. Contrast is excellent, black levels are cavernously deep and colour saturation is spot-on. It looks far better at home than it did at the cinema, and I'd go so far as to say that it's the best transfer I've ever seen. The DD+ sound is excellent too.

Hey Geoff :)

I'd agree that the HD has superb detail and is one of the best transfers, it's just a shame that they didn't clean the master a bit better as some of the dust specs were kind of annoying.

Damn I'm getting fussy in my old(ish) age!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom