Huge Dilemma, Panasonic PT-AE900E or Hitachi PJTX200, cant decide!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Waplord, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Waplord

Waplord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi guys been looking at both the Panasonic PT-AE900E and the Hitachi PJTX200 for a projector for my new home cinema i am setting up, cant decide at all between the two! i have found them both at basically the same price and some reviews i have read say there is nothing in them!

anyone got any suggestions? :lease:

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    I would search all retailers and find the one offering either a lamp voucher or free screen, personaly I would go for the lamp voucher.

3. Jammyb

Jammyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +576
    For DVD and TV I'd lean towards the Panasonic because the softscreen technology helps to cover the flaws and lack of detail, for HD/PC/Xbox360 type use I'd go for the Hitachi as the level of fine detail you get is really good.

I also like the styling on my hitachi, though it is a big bugger

4. brians25

brians25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi there, i have been faced with the same decision for the last six months and eventually went wi the panny, it has no screen door effect whatsoever and i found it to be better than the hitachi when displaying stsndard def material for this reason., i also use it with my xbox360 upon which the panny outputs some lovely colours right out of the box with very little or no tweaking, i am using a 120" screen and sitting about 9 or 10 feet away and it looks absolutely stunning, so for my money take the panny mate,

5. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Yes the SD on the panny is very good... even relatively poor SD pictures (eg. news24, which is broadcast at a low bitrate) look pretty good.. it's obviously doing some pretty smart processing when it upscales it for display.

Downside to the Panny is it tends to over-soften the image if you feed it 1080i - it's best to feed it 720p which is pin sharp (no idea why that would be - my TV and every other device I've seen is the opposite.. feeding them the higher resolution results in a better picture).

OTOH whichever you choose you won't be disappointed - both PJs (and others mentioned on this board frequently) will blow you away... so don't agonise too much - get the best deal you can and go for it.