Huel - Anyone tried it?

So far I've lost 3/4 of a stone. Which is pretty good bearing in mind I've got tendonitis and I'm nowhere near as active as I would be normally.

I'm now at a stone lost.

My routine is huel for breakfast every day.

Lunch every weekday, other than occasional lunches out with my team or seeing friends.

Weekday evening meals are mostly huel but I'll usually have something else as well.

Weekend lunches and evening meals I'll generally have what the family is eating.

Easiest diet I've ever done.

And I can't say enough, my blood sugar is incredible.

All while tendinitis has reduced my mobility and stopped me being as active.

I liked all but the last bit :(

Finally finished my 2 bags of Huel. It's been ok, not having to worry about preparing a sandwich to take to work has been good. Although with the hot weather, the drink sits in the back of the car throughout my shift, so can be a little warm when I drink it.

Do I buy some more, or think of something else?

Just subscribed to the 28 day plan for the first time.....willing to give it a go for breakfast and or lunch. Plus the dog will be walked twice a day and gym starting again soon.

No bread, booze or added sugars are my 3 focus points to kick off.

I'm interested in trying Huel, but I see on the website that if I use a referral code from an existing customer then I get £10 off, and you get £10 off your next order. Anyone got one they can send me? First one wins! :)

Edit: code now received, ta!

Last edited:
I'm interested in trying Huel, but I see on the website that if I use a referral code from an existing customer then I get £10 off, and you get £10 off your next order. Anyone got one they can send me? First one wins! :)

Edit: code now received, ta!
I'd also be interested in a code please, can see this running and running!!!

Happy to help! Click my referral link and it gives you £10 off :thumbsup:
Get £10 off at Huel
Thanks for this

Which flavours are recommended and which to avoid, I'm not a sweet toothed person, just trying to shift some winter padding along with knocking the booze on the head for a number of months, managed 9 months before going on holiday

Thanks for this

Which flavours are recommended and which to avoid, I'm not a sweet toothed person, just trying to shift some winter padding along with knocking the booze on the head for a number of months, managed 9 months before going on holiday

I received my first delivery yesterday, so I can't answer the flavours question fully yet - but I ordered 1 vanilla and one unflavoured pack. Both are, well lets say they're not something I'd go out of my way to eat!, but they're manageable. That's straight out of the packet with no added flavouring at all though, so I don't think it'll be that difficult to adjust once I start experimenting ; the peanut butter idea someone mentioned earlier in the thread sounded interesting.

This was my haul anyway - free shaker and tshirt as part of the starter order, and I also grabbed the 10 flavour sample pack and some granola.

IMG_0429.jpg

My first order was the new vanilla which even with water and made up to 600ml is to my tastes palatable, and tastes of sweet, oaty goodness.

It’s kinda of similar to Up&Go breakfast drinks you sometimes see in Tesco (very popular in Australia apparently)

I also went for mint chocolate Huel option which I’ve yet to open so can’t advise.

One 3 scoop meal for breakfast and a light lunch seems achievable and I’m 4 days in.

(Oh and farting like a trooper.)

Thanks just placed an order for the vanilla, coffee and sample pack.

Looking forward to the enhanced farting haha

How are people going on this?
I’ve replaced breakfast and lunch since Friday (so 4 days in) and all seems to be going well.
No side effects at all.

How's everyone getting on with this, has it been as expected?

I started off OK, but unfortunately due too my son being in A&E 3 times and nearly 3 weeks under hospital treatment I stopped it, but started again 3 days ago.

Today is my 28th day of eating Huel for breakfast and lunch. I then eat properly at home with the family in the evening (or eat out).
I’ve lost a bit of weight, feel okay, and have saved money over buying a sandwich everyday, so I’m fairly happy.
My second delivery arrived yesterday too, so I’m going to keep going for at least the next month or so and see how I feel then.

Today is my 28th day of eating Huel for breakfast and lunch. I then eat properly at home with the family in the evening (or eat out).
I’ve lost a bit of weight, feel okay, and have saved money over buying a sandwich everyday, so I’m fairly happy.
My second delivery arrived yesterday too, so I’m going to keep going for at least the next month or so and see how I feel then.
Did you stick with it @Tomdw82 ?

On and off. I lost around 4 stone last year and now have it to just make sure I’m not putting anything back on. Saves me having to think about food at work.
I have the bars too - they taste quite good!

On and off. I lost around 4 stone last year and now have it to just make sure I’m not putting anything back on. Saves me having to think about food at work.
I have the bars too - they taste quite good!
That’s a incredible loss, well done

My friend is one of the co-founders of Huel. Whilst I don't use it myself, he's a man of integrity and I'd trust him and his product :)

You might find my response somewhat abrupt but meal replacements are not the way to go.

There is nothing you can gain from meal replacements that you can’t from normal food, and in many cases normal food will offer more nutrients, in the biochemical format they are required, to ensure maximum sustenance.

A lady I worked with for a few months prior to this corona-malarkey, was all into her meal replacements but she kept getting spells of sickness. When I did some tests on her, we found that she was actually suffering from vitamin overdose. Too much magnesium to be precise. We also discovered she had a low lying grain intolerance.

Bringing it back to you. If you want to invest more into your diet, then consider doing some of the below:
-buy less grain based carbs e.g. cereal, oats, pasta, rice, quinoa, bread, pastry and instead buy items like potatoes, fruit, nuts, seeds and pulses. Grain is heavily processed and a lot people (let alone clients I’ve trained), suffer from a low level reaction leading to bloating, flatulation, aches and cramps. Ditch grain.
-start looking for non-stimulant/depressant variants of drinks you consume passively. I.i. Caffeine/alcohol beverages. It shocks me how so many people would rather spend countless £££ on coffees, lattes and alcohol then spend more on supplements and meal replacements, when they could just get to the route of a crutch they are leaning on. Doesn’t cost money, only some introspection, action and a serious reason to do so.
-lastly, and this is something you could actually buy: probiotics. Probiotics help restore equilibrium to the bacterium that reside within your gut. Without these, you wouldn’t digest food. Period. With this said, I believe Mercola offers a 3 month supply for £60. A great investment. You will notice a reduction in bloating, and a flattening in your stomach.

And that’s about it.I could offer other ideas, but I would need to know more about your past health history etc, to provide more reliably useful info. That said...

Done.

You might find my response somewhat abrupt but meal replacements are not the way to go.

There is nothing you can gain from meal replacements that you can’t from normal food, and in many cases normal food will offer more nutrients, in the biochemical format they are required, to ensure maximum sustenance.

A lady I worked with for a few months prior to this corona-malarkey, was all into her meal replacements but she kept getting spells of sickness. When I did some tests on her, we found that she was actually suffering from vitamin overdose. Too much magnesium to be precise. We also discovered she had a low lying grain intolerance.

Bringing it back to you. If you want to invest more into your diet, then consider doing some of the below:
-buy less grain based carbs e.g. cereal, oats, pasta, rice, quinoa, bread, pastry and instead buy items like potatoes, fruit, nuts, seeds and pulses. Grain is heavily processed and a lot people (let alone clients I’ve trained), suffer from a low level reaction leading to bloating, flatulation, aches and cramps. Ditch grain.
-start looking for non-stimulant/depressant variants of drinks you consume passively. I.i. Caffeine/alcohol beverages. It shocks me how so many people would rather spend countless £££ on coffees, lattes and alcohol then spend more on supplements and meal replacements, when they could just get to the route of a crutch they are leaning on. Doesn’t cost money, only some introspection, action and a serious reason to do so.
-lastly, and this is something you could actually buy: probiotics. Probiotics help restore equilibrium to the bacterium that reside within your gut. Without these, you wouldn’t digest food. Period. With this said, I believe Mercola offers a 3 month supply for £60. A great investment. You will notice a reduction in bloating, and a flattening in your stomach.

And that’s about it.I could offer other ideas, but I would need to know more about your past health history etc, to provide more reliably useful info. That said...

Done.
It’s not a meal replacement, I still eat crumpets with one of my 2 Huel’s meals per day

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom