Hue Switch Alternatives

SimonB91

Hey all,

I am in the process of converting all of the bulbs within the home to smart ones (Hue). Can anyone advise/recommend any alternative switches to the Hue Dimmer?

Particularly interested in a multi switch solution, I.E. for my Stairs/Landing, we have lights upstairs and downstairs, which currently have their own switches on a multi switch. Is there an option to have multiple switches (without multiple dimmers) or should I be resigned to having both up and downstairs lights on at the same time?

Inked

Distinguished Member
Just get motion sensors and be done with it. Haven’t needed to touch the switches for our stairs / landings in years.

Can then program the sensors to turn only the required lights on / light levels for the given time of day

Jamie

Distinguished Member
You can control multiple lights with the dimmers.

If you use a 3rd party app for the programming you can get any button to do any function you want. Unfortunately this makes the labeling on the switch wrong. I resolved this with a Dyno label maker.

With a bit of thought in the programming the Hue dimmers are actually very flexible.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom