Quantcast

Hue Play HDMI Sync box

TinoM

Had a reply back from Phillips:

“Hi there, thank you for your message. That function will be compatible with any infrared remote control. Do keep in mind that this function is available by the end of spring. Hope this info helps!”

laruso

Standard Member
I’m considering purchasing the hdmi sync box, but I don’t have a separate audio amp - I set the Xbox one x and ub820 to output Dolby bitstream, so I can pass through to my tv which then passes through to Sonos playbase and surrounds via optical.

Would the sync box still pass through Dolby bitstream? Thanks for any help!

StefanBFC

You've made me feel guilty now for the "Steamer" photo so, although I can't specifically answer your questions, I'll share my thoughts...

I've had the Sync Box for a couple of months and really like it with the following set-up...

Hue Lightstrip (On top of/behind the TV)
2 x Hue Play Bars (Left and Right of the TV)
4 x Hue Blooms (2 to each side of the room, 2 in the rear corners)
Samsung QE65Q90R TV (No Dolby Vision, just HDR10)
Arcam AVR550 Receiver

I have the Sync Box connected to the 2nd HDMI output of the Receiver and it seems to work fine (and sync ok) with Dolby Vision enabled films from my Apple TV, although my display, which is connected to the main HDMI output of the Receiver, doesn't do Dolby Vision.

Although the "Extreme" setting can be fun and good for demos, I find "Subtle" to be the best for me.

I usually have the brightness set at 50% for daytime viewing and 25% for nighttime.

The only annoyance is that the syncing usually stops for about 20 seconds, one or two times, when watching an average length film but will resume again on its own with no need for me to touch anything.
So basically you've just plugged the sync box in the 2nd monitor HDMI port and thats it? Nothing else?

I have the Denon 3300, but this is also connecting to a power amp, I have a spare 2nd HDMI on the Denon.

Sources into the Denon are, Xbox, 4k player.

I want it for gaming really.
Cheers

professor peach

Standard Member
So basically you've just plugged the sync box in the 2nd monitor HDMI port and thats it? Nothing else?

I have the Denon 3300, but this is also connecting to a power amp, I have a spare 2nd HDMI on the Denon.

Sources into the Denon are, Xbox, 4k player.

I want it for gaming really.
Cheers
Yep - That’s exactly what I’ve done. The 2nd HDMI out mirrors what’s being output on the primary HDMI out on the Arcam. I’m not sure if that’s the way it works on a Denon too.

StefanBFC

Yep - That’s exactly what I’ve done. The 2nd HDMI out mirrors what’s being output on the primary HDMI out on the Arcam. I’m not sure if that’s the way it works on a Denon too.
£208 quid this box, I'm sure I read somewhere when it was coming out it would be 150. Hardly anywhere sells it. Dunno if it's worth that much.. I'll have to see ha.