Hue LightStrip Plus as bias lighting

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Soundmangt4, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Soundmangt4

Soundmangt4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +966
    I have an extensive Hue setup throughout my house, including a Bloom behind my TV used as bias lighting. However, since I swapped my TV set the new stand of the new TV means I can now see the lamp and want to improve my setup.
    So, has anyone used the Hue LighStrip Plus as bias lighting stuck to the back of their panels, and is it any good? The TV is in the corner of a room at an angle so not flush up against a wall, but will hopefully still work well.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Khazul

Khazul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +654
    I am using a hue lightstrip+ as a bias light. Works really well (also controlled from a harmony remote). I also made a DIY holder for it from some length of aluminium lightstrip trunking with a diffusor:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00AAW4JP0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However it seem they have stopped deliveries to the UK since I bought the channels from them and their price has gone up significantly (More agro due to idiots who voted for Brexit?). They are a perfect fit for the lightstrip.

3. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    I use it for show. It works quite well. It sticks on well, bends around corners with a little manipulation. Standout positive is that it goes very bright. More so than the standard cheaper ones you can buy

Only worth it if you use in in conjunction with other hue set ups.

4. Soundmangt4

Soundmangt4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +966
    Well I decided to go for it and bought a 2m LightStrip Plus and a 1m extension. I've stuck it to the back of my 65" and apart from the fact I need another 1m extension to finish the job properly it works a treat! Really bright and works fantastically well with my whole Hue setup, even if it is a touch on the pricey side!

5. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    Its enough to do 3 sides for me too. Often people leave the bottom length which is why 3 sides can be enough. But I would have preferred 4 sides so I may go with an extra strip at some point in the future too

6. Soundmangt4

Soundmangt4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +966
    It's the bottom that is missing on mine and you can tell the difference. For the sake of £20 I want it doing properly, especially as the position of my TV is less than conducive to bias lighting.