Question Huawei p30 pro or oppo find x2 neo

Moneyball

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Huawei p20 pro and love it but due an upgrade and planning on getting a new phone and passing the old one on to family. I love the p20 pro so tempted by the p30 pro as still has google play but concerned lack of google support may be a problem in future. Can get the oppo find x2 neo for similar price.
What are people's opinions? Battery life and camera both important for me.

I had the p30 pro loved it, I almost regret upgrading to a s20 due to 💩 battery life. They're still updating Google services, so should be OK.

The P30 Pro should be OK as it pre-dates the ban. My P30 is still going strong and getting updates, just had the July security update. I prefer the flat screen to the P30 Pro, and the cameras are very similar to the Pro, and superb. The cameras are just a little slower in aperture. The 3x telephoto on the P30 is probably more useful in the real world than the 5x of the Pro. Both still great buys I'd say.

The P30 Pro should be OK as it pre-dates the ban. My P30 is still going strong and getting updates, just had the July security update. I prefer the flat screen to the P30 Pro, and the cameras are very similar to the Pro, and superb. The cameras are just a little slower in aperture. The 3x telephoto on the P30 is probably more useful in the real world than the 5x of the Pro. Both still great buys I'd say.
I've just got one. Any case and screen protector recommendations please?

I've just got one. Any case and screen protector recommendations please?
Spigen rugged armour case (i use one one my s20 now) and if they still have them a co. Called Baseus sell a good quality screen protector.

For cases it's better to browse Amazon using the phone model and just pick one you like, making sure they don't have terrible reviews. What one person on here will love, another will hate.

If you like minimal, the ESR clear TPU one has served me well. It keeps the dust out of the edges fairly well, but I take it off and clean it regularly to avoid grinding grit into the phone. The sides come above the screen slightly so safe to put upside down on a flat surface, but slightly annoying if you use the swipe commands in from the edges.
Amazon product ASIN B07P7N8444
I don't use screen protectors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom