Huawei P20 Pro Strange Location Error

mudddy

Established Member
Reaction score
My Huawei P20 Pro received the Android 10 update in the last 7 days. Unsure if its related to the update but I've noticed a strange error with my phone location which is periodically placing me in Leeds, that's 250 miles away from I actually am. This is visible in google maps and any other app which uses location such as Uber. If I close the apps and restart them a few times it can everntually find my actual location. Has anyone else had this issue and any advice on solving it would be grateful.

My Huawei P20 Pro received the Android 10 update in the last 7 days. Unsure if its related to the update but I've noticed a strange error with my phone location which is periodically placing me in Leeds, that's 250 miles away from I actually am. This is visible in google maps and any other app which uses location such as Uber. If I close the apps and restart them a few times it can everntually find my actual location. Has anyone else had this issue and any advice on solving it would be grateful.
This may not help but I've had a similar problem with Google placing me in odd locations (that I've definitely not been to) in the past, but only happens very rarely and quite randomly. I've used Honor/Huawei phones for the last 3 years or so now, obviously a variety of different Android versions in that time!

Could be a variety of things; for example, it may not have a good GPS lock and utilises the wifi or gsm connection to try and determine its location.

not that I know anything about it, but how about installing an GPS testing application? This should give you information about your GPS performance and which and how many satellites it is connected with.

maybe your mock location is enabled?
maybe you have an app installed that fakes your location?
maybe someone is using your device for spoofing?

Thanks for the replies, I did a factory reset and it looks to have sorted it so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom