• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Question Huawei facial recognition.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Just got this and noted that it has facial recognition which I have seemingly set up along with fingerprint recognition.
My question is how on earth do I unlock the phone using my face?
Finger or rather thumb print works perfectly but I do not see how facial recognition would work if the phone is locked.
Or am I missing something?

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I've seen Huawei facial recognition in action - it very impressive and quick. Works with glasses too. Doesn't work with Sunglasses though. Apparently, a photo of a your face can be used to unlock the phone. Maybe a Huawei owner can confirm this?
Sorry but that does not answer my point which is although facial recognition is set up and I assume on, I unlock the phone using my thumbprint as holding the locked screen of my phone up to my face does nothing.

Inked

Distinguished Member
Have you got raise to wake turned on? There are face recognition settings for whether you want it to unlock straight to home screen or require a swipe up to access (on my P20 there are anyway)

5256D2CF-F7EA-40AE-810D-3F74CCB9EC13.jpeg

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I have it set up like this and it works a treat:

Screenshot_20190315_154858_com.android.settings.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom