Huawei B535 & Ubiquiti network

andymet87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I gave an existing network setup consisting of Ubiquiti kit (USG, Mznaged Swutch and Unifi AP's).

Broadband currently comes in via the phone line and a modem but I only get around 16mb/s. Broadband contract is up for renewal so I'm investigating ways to improve this and have found the 4g broadband from Three which looks very competitive....

Can the Huawei B535 (provided by Three) be setup to provide internet into the Ubiquiti USG wan port? I've not found a definitive answer looking online.

Thanks in advance.

You can but likely to end up with a double NAT (I had the previous one off 3 and you couldnt just turn off router mode and have it as a modem)
The alternative is to get a Netgear LB1110 (cheap off ebay) which just provides the USG with an external IP - I have this and it works great

You can but likely to end up with a double NAT (I had the previous one off 3 and you couldnt just turn off router mode and have it as a modem)
The alternative is to get a Netgear LB1110 (cheap off ebay) which just provides the USG with an external IP - I have this and it works great

Thanks - will do that then! Might try and find something that takes an external aerial though to improve the signal and upload/download speeds...

Thanks - will do that then! Might try and find something that takes an external aerial though to improve the signal and upload/download speeds...
Have an external aerial on my Netgear. Paid for by gov grant due to poor internet speed

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom