Htx22hd problem please help!

ash26ace

Standard Member
Right basically i have the onkyo htx22hd system connected to my ps3 and and xbox 360 via AV cable and they both work perfectly. My tv is connected to the onkyo via optical but when im watching sky or sky plus or normal tv there is no sound coming from the speakers. It does however work with digital tv but i need to get it to work on the others. I have tried using av cables and hdmi but i just cant get it to work.

Can anyone help me its driving me mad

dwhite

Distinguished Member
Connect your Sky+ via optical direct to your amp, rather than going thru the Tv. Some tv's are only capable of outputting their internal tuner.

dwhite

Distinguished Member
How is your sky+ connected to your TV? If your connecting via the RF output of sky, this will be mono anyway.

What model TV is it?

ash26ace

Standard Member
The tv is a toshiba regza xv series
Sorry to be a bit thick but i am not sure it goes into the ariel slot on my tv from downstairs the sky man did it all.

But surely i should still be able to get sound on normal tv anyway?

dwhite

Distinguished Member
I think the toshiba's only output sound on the optical from it internal digital tuner. As sky will either be connected to the analog tuner or some other way, I don't think you will get sund from the optical output of the TV. You will get sound from the TV when watching freeview broadcasts on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom