• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/

alexs2

Distinguished Member
I tend to use Diverse Vinyl (Diverse Vinyl - Redirecting ) but I see the price of a few things such as that Jennifer Warnes disc advertised on both is $80 on the US site and about £50 over here...not a lot in it once the shipping is factored in.

rwtomkins

Established Member
I think you can use them with confidence - I haven't used them myself but they're very well known among vinyl lovers in the US and have a very good reputation. You might also want to check out Elusive Disc and TheMusic.com.

Until very recently, with the pound sterling at $2, it could be cheaper buying LPs from the US than from the UK, even after taking postage into account. That's not so common now. You certainly wouldn't want to buy a European LP (eg Speakers Corner) from the US but it might still make sense to buy a US LP (eg Classic Records or a Warner/Rhino reissue). It all depends on the postage - and also, critically, whether you have to pay import duties. You are liable for import duties on anything costing over £18 (excluding the postage) but worse still, once Customs & Excise are involved, you have to pay your delivery company a handling fee for clearing the item. With some companies this is extortionate - worst of all is ParcelForce, which charges an incredible £13.95, so if your US delivery company is using ParcelForce as its UK partner, keep well clear.

In short it's probably not worth buying from the US unless the goods cost under £18. But if you're after a Classic Records LP, do check out TheMusic.com. Most of these Classic LPs cost less than £18 in dollar terms and TheMusic.com offers a free hand select service whereby they inspect the LP before despatch. They also have very cheap delivery to the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom