• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTSF1300 Problem

Gazaman

Prominent Member
Hi all.

I've had a couple of occasions now where my HTSF1300 is going a bit weird:confused:.
I have my LGBD370 bluray player connected to my amp through HDMI and then my amp connected to my LGPS3000 (again HDMI).

Every now and again sound will just vanish and 'PROTECT' will show on the amps display,then the amp turns itself off:confused:

When i turn the amp back on again it for some reason stops the bluray disc that i'm playing(it always does this when i turn the amp on or off) and it turns back on with the volume on minimum. So i start the disc from just before the point where it went off last time, turn the amp up to the same level i had it on before and hey presto!.......It plays fine now???

Its only happened a couple of times now but getting worried that it might be on its way out.

The scene where it happened last night was on 'inglorious basterds' in the bar when all hell breaks loose and bullets flying around everywhere (so surround effects etc are high in this scene). Dont know if this has anything to do with it but thought i'd mention it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Gaz

hippo99

Distinguished Member
:rtfm:

It explains what 'PROTECT' means in the Troubleshooting section & check your speaker connections:smashin:

Gazaman

Prominent Member
Thanks mate

Not sure where the manual is so i'll have to try and dig it out.

Gaz

Gazaman

Prominent Member
:rolleyes: :facepalm:

Erm....why didn't i just look on there in the first place????

Must have had a bit of a mental block there :rolleyes:

Cheers buddy :smashin:

Gazaman

Prominent Member
All sorted:thumbsup:

I had cut and reconnected the subwoofer cable ages ago and it looks like the connection had come loose.
Re-attached and now ok.

Gaz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom