• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

htsf1300 and 3d

elliojak

Standard Member
Hi , does anyone know if a Sony htsf1300 will accept a 3d source ( v+ or ps3)
Any help gratefully received.:)

themediaman

I dont think it does to be honest.................however you would just go direct to the TV in this case.........

elliojak

Standard Member
Many thanks for that , I finally got round to hooking everything up ( new telly, living room decoration, Christmas etc ) the amp wouldn't pass the 3d through . Connected ps3 direct to telly with an optical cable to the amp and it works . One further question , the telly has an optical out also and I was wondering which is best for the sound into the amp , tv out or ps3 out , tv is a LG 550t .

themediaman

Many thanks for that , I finally got round to hooking everything up ( new telly, living room decoration, Christmas etc ) the amp wouldn't pass the 3d through . Connected ps3 direct to telly with an optical cable to the amp and it works . One further question , the telly has an optical out also and I was wondering which is best for the sound into the amp , tv out or ps3 out , tv is a LG 550t .

The optical out will only, in most cases these days, output a stereo signal, as the TV cannot decode 5.1/7.1 signals.........

you would use this if outputting from the internal free view facility, or if you were using a Wii console or other auxiliary device that only deals with stereo signals.......

Its always best to go direct from the 5.1 transmitter [PS3, Media Player, DVD/Blu Ray Player] to your 5.1 receiver.....

Enjoy the system............Merry Christmas......:D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom