1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Htpc ???

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by chris thomas, Jan 13, 2003.

1. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i,ve just started to go the htpc route and would like to ask if anyone could please advise me on the best cable to use to connect a radeon 9700 to my pj which is a sony ht11 and where ,s the best place to buy it,
    also i have the denon 3802 amp and would like to ask which is the best sound card to put into my pc and also the best way to connect this, thanx in advance to anyone who can offer me advice on this :) ;)

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Hi, 1st the easy bit, any VGA cable that reaches will connect you projector, Maplins do a range of extra long ones. You only have to worry when it gets up above about 10m, with in-line boosters and stuff, and we've got a 18m run at work and that's fine too.

Most people here recommend cards by MAudio, the 24/96 still takes some beating, and you've got a good amp and video card, so you might as well stick with the quality options. I've just ordered a MAudio sonica USB sound thingy, well, it's not a card is it? It connects with an optical cable, but the built in jobs connect with a standard 75ohm digital interconnect of your favourite brand

3. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers maw ;)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Just a quick add on, MAudio cards are not available at your usual outlet, and are best found in electonic music shops, like www.dolphinmusic.co.uk