1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC Xmas !

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mr.D, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Got a tonne of time off this year so it'll be time for a bit of tweaking!

The Plan.

Get dual display working on my HTPC to feed a plasma and ae100 ( same res luckily) . Either by getting my Radeon VE to work properly or using an additional PCI radeon 7000 I have in the vicinity. Then after january it will all go to pot as I'll be getting a higher res projector of some description so will need to be able to swap different resolutions between primary and secondary displays.

Buy a sweetspot and use RGB from external sources.
    Not as easy as it sounds : all my external sources currently feed into an RGB to svideo convertor which loops through to my 32" widescreen ( to be replaced with plasma). The svideo currently goes to an Xcapture card in my HTPC.
    In the future the idea will be to feed RGB to the HTPC and the svideo will go to the plasma as a lazy man's option to give the kids something to watch during the day.

Sort out the Pearl and Dean intro at some point ( I'm sick of compositing this year to be honest but I'll spend some time with it).

Hopefully thats it for 2003!

2004 : additional digiTV card for dual tuner recording. External DVD burner for archiving recordings. Then I'll probably rip out the P3 based guts and stick a fast P4 solution in there for HD playback purposes.

2. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    :clap: :clap: :clap: