• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTPC - XBox 360 Multitasking Question

Deacon923

Standard Member
Longtime lurker on these forums. I am considering adding an XBox 360 to my network for use as a HTPC Media Center extender. The HTPC is an older machine but has an Intel Core 2 6600 @2.4GHz and 4GB RAM, with an NVidia 9800GTX GPU. When streaming live TV or recorded TV to the XBox, how much of a performance hit will the HTPC take? In other words, if the wife is watching a recorded show in the living room, can I still play Skyrim on the HTPC in the study?

Synchro

Distinguished Member
In other words, if the wife is watching a recorded show in the living room, can I still play Skyrim on the HTPC in the study?

Is she watching Corrie? If so, I recommend to DO play Skyrim in the study!

HTPC won't take a hit at all, it's only being used to transfer data, which is low level processing.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom