1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC won't change refresh rate.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Paul D, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I've tried doing a search, with no luck.(I'm sure i read about this problem on here)

So!

I've changed over to WinXP.(full format, suprisingly went like a dream etc)

I've tried setting the monitor to a high end IIyama/Sony etc.

Tried setting72/75/85 \hz etc. Windows reports the new refresh rate is set (72/75/85 etc).

But the PJ (Barcodata 808s) reports still in 60hz mode.
    I believe the PJ as the screen size normally alters a little between different refresh rates etc.

Any ideas?

PS
    After trying Cineplayer4 whilst awaiting the arrival of Theatretek. I didn't see the bad Gamma problem i was having with my ATI 8500. I downloaded the lastest "unreleased" WinXP driver. So maybe it was this that sorted it (or reduced it so much i don't see it!). Anyway roll on Theatretek...

Also in XP all my games now fly! including MS Flightsim which had been having a bad texture flashing problem. So for now i'm a happy bunny again:p

2. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I think that the problem is that Powerstrip only likes one refresh per resolution (when using it's own desktop shortcuts)

The two ways around this are - set up different resolutions for each refresh (ie 1.5 times pal verticalx1280 for pal and 1280x720 for ntsc)

Or
    Make your own desktop icons that use a shortcut to the correct refresh - instructions can be found in THIS thread.

The latter is what I do and it works fantastically.

Good luck!
    Alex