1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC with Media Center 2005

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by CharlesBjr, Jan 11, 2005.

1. CharlesBjr

CharlesBjr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently had a computer built for my home theater. It is a 1GB AMD with a Verto GeForce 6600 GTC video card. I have had a hard time setting the resolution on my projector, but finally got HDTV, 720p to work OK. I am using it in Clone Mode and last night made some adjustments and now neither screen will come up when starting the computer. I see the Windows welcome screen on both then blank. Any advice on how to get into the system. Secondly, I'm having a hard time getting the DVD decoder set up properly. I'm trying to use the new NVIDIA decoder, but now all of a suddent, Microsoft Media Player want recognize a DVD. It says my license has expired. Any advice on getting better quality with my projector and with getting into the system would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. y220186

y220186
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Pressing F9 before XP boots up gives you the option of booting in safe mode. Its either that or F8. This will allow you to get into VGA Mode

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    F8 i belive but you have to be quick, strait after the little bios grid thing at the top flashs up, while it says 'now starting windows..'

4. dduk

dduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CharlesBjr,

Are you still having trouble with this?