1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC with Hitchi ALis

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rloughran1, Sep 5, 2004.

1. rloughran1

rloughran1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

After months of below par performance with my setup of Hitachi ALis fed by a DEnon770SD via component I'm now looking at the HTPC option.
    I've read lots on the forums here regards the Alis and the difficulty of getting a 1:1 pixel match due to the fact ALis works differently.
    Anyhow...I've been playing with the PC over the weekend and the best result so far is with the PC (running powerstrip) is 1024x768@75hz - I'm looking for a comparision with other ALis owners out there and what they've found the best PC settings are to get a sharp image. At the moment the PC (connected by vga) gives a much better image than the Denon....but I kow it could be better....and certainly less noisy.
    Any advice from you experts out there?

PS - Dont have a capture card so no dscaler running at present - should this be my next step?

TIA

:lease:

2. fat tom

fat tom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rloughran,

I was about to post a similar topic!!!

I have a Hitachi 37gd5000 and am looking to obtain the best picture from it from my htpc....

I currently have it set at 1024x512 as I would have thought it would have given the 1:1 pixel match.... or 1:2 but you get the idea....

now the picture looks good... very good but there is a little bit of flicker there... the vertical frequency is ~60... I'm assuming this needs to go higher????

this is my first outing into the plasma/powerstrip world so I'm very much a newbie and don't even know what 75% of the powerstrip settings even mean... :rolleyes:

I mean whats a 'porch' and I didn't know you had horizontal frequencies as well as vertical..... I think I need a faq... :lesson:

also on the powerstrip forums/site some one put up timings/frequencies for a 1024x1024 panel and they stated setting it to 1024x768... which seems strange to me... but I guess I've a lot to learn...

I'm not hijaking your thread but I think we both want to achieve the same thing!!!! :rolleyes:

cheers

- Fat Tom -

3. rloughran1

rloughran1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just been on the powerstrip site and two bits of good news....first up a p/strip string to try out

PowerStrip timing parameters:
    1024x576 (ALiS 16:9)=1024,40,136,144,576,99,6,125,64968,2054 (not tried this myself yet)

and the next version of powerstrip will have pre-defined timings set for ALIS panels - Nice one !!!!!