Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HTPC with DOmino 30H

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Steve Chalmers, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Steve Chalmers

Steve Chalmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am preparing to assemble a HTPC with my Domino 30H (hopefully it would be ready by september). Do you have any particular preferences/suggestions regarding cases, graphics card, processor, fans, etc etc. I intend to connect the HTPC to the Domino 30H via HDMI (I already have a gefen 8m hdmi to hdmi cable, so i am assuming that i need a dvi to hdmi adapter too).

tia
    Steve

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  3. gaz_az

gaz_az
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Steve do you intend to use Windows MCE ??

If so ...... I would go for a gigabyte nvidia 6600GT video card (the one without a fan) and use the latest nvdvd decoders (1.0.2.145 I think). They give a great result for tv and for Hi def stuff to the projector. I think they are the only drivers available at the moment that support .ts (high def) files through media centre edition 2005.

:)